yo what’s good this is the funniest movie ever made ow i had a crush on her this idiot. ‘loooove it baby’ It also had atmosphere which all movies are now lacking very film noir comes back in the mid-late 80s kind of way “You know this is a nice jacket – it’s a Morris…
Continue reading »
basically i judge people on them not their scene or some such but
I feel like emo is better than #scene
i’m typing this from my laptop so bear w me
yeah i feel emo is better than scene
a lot of ppl seemed to feel #scene was emo on that next
i dont agree
to a point i guess?
like is hipster scene type good too in that sense?
emo is better true emo type
cus it was mad like true to myself
in the sense of that matter of factly
not on some religious bs
as a matter of thought
I’m not hating on scene though i think it’s dope sometimes
it influenced me
I like the graphics and stuff
and looking swell
but i like the emo concept better than the concept of the scene notion for the simple fact that
kids and i truly mean the generation younger than me now think it’s about clothes but it’s really not when you’re actually going through feelings like Yeah but nah not at all
you’re actually thinking and feeling these feelings
for me anyway
i feel emo is more truthful to me in that sense
scene is more on that lilz tip which is just me mouthing off because it doesnt even make sense but nah
emo was what it was you know
and i know peeps will be like
youre wack you watch seinfeld still and talk about bs
i’m admitting it
that’s why it’s emo
and yeah that is wack as hell but it’s not that serious
how do i close out
i dont even know
Because I feel at least being emo is not necessarily trolling or beefing but it’s being HONEST
coming from an honest place
it could even be a disorganized place
but that’s what i mean
so that’s where the word emo becomes unhelpful but i’ll use it
it just is
Is this just me or was Sabretooth ALWAYS mad and tripping out dude?
Anyway given that there were a LOT
of total tools and Katz types around me
It made it easier for me to be awesome/weird.
- Katz. People that are mad skid row and still think they’re doing it and don’t understand the new demographic. And never did.
- Van Dykes. Dvds. Dick van dykes. Dirty fucking trash-holes that hate life.
- Watchers. In Brooklyn they are old Italian guys with Yankee fitteds and shitty jackets with bird shit on it and a dog that watches with them but are not thugs. Maybe failed gang kids from like the 1940s.
- ‘Faggity’ old world types from back then or now with that douchebag my country is the shit mentality when nobody gives a flying fuck about you or your situation.
- People who claim to be religious but are really non-religious in practice and grimey cunts of life.
- Schitzophrenics, etc who don’t get help because of the large amount of douchebag mentality in the general area. High amount of anti-common sense.
- Can collectors. Homelessness. People passed out.
- Family and societal neglect and lack of communication due to all factors. Perception that this area doesn’t need anything. Which will result in exactly that.
- Sirens that never stop.
Eybody’s a tawget.
Salsa means sauce in the Spanish language, and carries connotations of the spiciness common in Latin and Caribbean cuisine. More recently, salsa acquired a musical meaning in both English and Spanish. In this sense salsa has been described as a word with “vivid associations” but no absolute definitions, a tag that encompasses a rainbow assortment of Latin rhythms and styles, taking on a different hue wherever you stand in the Spanish-speaking world”. The precise scope of salsa is highly debatable. Cuban and Dominican immigrants and recent Puerto Rican migrants in New York have used the term analogously to swing or soul, which refer to a quality of emotionally and culturally genuine music in the African American community. In this usage salsa connotes a frenzied, “hot” and wild musical experience that draws upon or reflects elements of Latin culture, regardless of the specific style.
Also rap started with disco/dub. Yeah there were dubplates but it was called originally disco rap.
I also think people underestimate the influence latin music had on pop/dance and hip hop in the late 90s and early oughts.
I mean that music was obviously always an influence but is it EVEN Surprising
Think about it
Leave it with this tho.
No I love Lucy but
[jump to 46 minutes in]
Sounds so soulful dont u agree
I ____S with that piano
Leave it on this one
On that Screaming Jay Hawkins tip
Yeah i take it back i know
I have the chops for this
Tito Puente once responded to a question about salsa by saying “I’m a musician, not a cook” (referring to salsa’s original use to mean sauce).
#np Don Henley, Boys of Summer yeah I’m utterly convinced Michael Keaton played an agoraphobic hikikomori Batman. He was def on that shit. Heavy. To me that was Batman. Batman (1989). At least movie Batman. Altho i did watch old reruns of old superman and camp batman in the old apt until i was like…
Continue reading »